Monday, March 15, 2010

Awesome trip

I had an awesome trip with my wife and kids. I had to go and take the national nursing test (NCLEX) on Thursday and so we drove to Ogden on Wed. night. My kids were awesome the whole time. They played in the pool and watched tv in the room. We took a drive to go and have dinner on Thursday and ended up at Red Lobster in Layton. They were very well behaved and it impressed the waitress. We then traveled into Salt Lake on Friday and went to the church office building and learned more about the Salt Lake Valley by going on a tour. I hadn't been there in years and so I thought I would just go up to the lookout by myself..ooops. It was very fun to look out and pick out all the spots that the tour guide had pointed out. We took a tour of the BeeHive house and my wife was able to bear witness to the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon to a gentleman that had questions. She was a little embarrassed later but I told her that I was impressed and I thought that the spirit guided her to share her testimony to this gentleman. We then went up to Hogle Zoo and walked the 42 acres to see all the animals. Shadrack was in heaven. Hunter had Michele take pictures of every animal we saw. We walked around for over 3 hours and my feet could tell you about every step.

We stayed at Russ and Mony's place on Friday. They had invited the missionary's to dinner and all of John's Nephews were there and new addition soon, Mary Ann. We enjoyed dinner and the missionary's were able to give a fantastic lesson on why we follow commandments set by our loving God. Sierra got to participate and I felt that the lesson was good for me and it has made me stop and think about how easy we fall out of following what we are suppose to do. I was really tired so I chose to go to bed when all the rest played games. We went to Jared and Matt's home to see the new addition to the basement that Russ and the boys have been working hard at. They are adding more bedrooms for Matt and Mary Ann to stay after getting married. She will be a great fit into this family.

We traveled to Ruth and Mike's house on Saturday afternoon to spend a night with them. It was good to meet Kendall and Doug. They seemed like pretty good kids while we were there. Hunter thought that they were good too. Shad and Kendall would fight over toys due to Shad not wanting to share. We just visited and had a good time while there. Off to home later on Sunday and the weather was great. Enjoyed spending time with family and was nice to get away for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment